Monday, January 26, 2009

OK, Ok I'm a bit smitten with Rosie. It is 8pm and I am waiting for her to pick me up. I have had two stiff GnT's and feelin' pretty good. Anyway, it is hard to describe. Thai girls are just old fashioned. They are very feminine and old school in the way they treat men. At dinner last night she would pour my beer into a glass as it started to get low. She Wai's me sometimes, it is just so endearing. It is the little things and the respectfulness towards a male that just melts your heart. One doesn't realize how different western woman are until you have been around an Asian woman. I know I am going to be accused of sexism but I don't care. It just feels more natural to me, a better balance between the sexes. One of the best things about traveling to asia is the perspective you get about your own life and culture. It is very different here. I feel more attuned to Buddhism and Asian values of community than the individualism of the west. Did I mention I have been drinking;)
I walked around town today to get a better feel for the place and some needed exercise. CM has some similarities to Mexico. The overall prosperity level seems similar, maybe higher in TH because there are more high income farang tourists and expats. Thais definitely are more concerned with cleanliness and order.
Rosie just drove up...so got to go.

No comments: